From the top left:
- I spent a bit of time while at CHA a couple of weeks ago trying to explain exactly what a 3D printer was and what it could be used for. I should have just referred people to this post filled with sweets created on one!
- Star Wars is just one of the many themes you'll find in the adorable handmade mobiles by Drops of Color (Etsy).
- In perhaps the oddest mashup of all time, My Little Ponies meet velociraptors. The results are both adorable and terrifying.
- If your shower caddy just isn't big enough for all of your shampoo and body wash bottles, then this Doctor Who TARDIS version might just help...provided it's also bigger on the inside.
- Speaking of the TARDIS, a Minecraft Creeper has invaded it in this cake featured at Nerdalicious.
- This custom-made Yoshi egg engagement ring box is yet another thing that 3D printers are perfect for...I'm talking to you, May! :)
- Get tons of ideas for your little (or not so little) mad scientist's next birthday at Hostess with the Mostess.
- A few bits of Star Wars Episode VII news (and tons of rumors) have been cropping up lately. I'll skip the rumors, but on the news side of things, Michael Arndt is no longer working on the script, possibly after a disagreement with director JJ Abrams. There's also news that Disney has put together a "Story Group" to try to unify all of the existing story lines and materials in the Star Wars universe (good luck with that), leading Roqoo Depot to ponder how this will impact JJ's task with the new film.
- On the much lighter side of things, Sir Patrick Stewart gave NPR a lesson in how cows moo in different languages and dialects. It is so worth listening to- I could not stop laughing!