There is, of course, lots of geeky news out there beyond my own personal non-emergencies, so let's get to this week's roundup!
From the top left:
- Dark Horse has announced the 2014 comic book lineup, with the news coming on the heels of the announcement that the contract to produce future comics will fall to Disney-owned Marvel starting in 2015. Fan reactions to the news have spanned the spectrum, and Club Jade weighed in with a particularly well thought-out piece.
- Lego hasn't officially announced their 2014 additions to their Star Wars line yet, but Lightsaber Rattling reported some leaked images and information on upcoming sets.
- Fans of Hello Kitty can now set sail with the iconic feline aboard Star Cruises' new themed sailings, departing from Singapore and Malaysia.
- There are two massive Lord of the Rings themed Lego builds in this weeks' roundup, including Rivendell pictured above and also an impressive rendition of Erebor found at Gizmodo.
- Big Shiny Robot has rounded up the first and last lines of each incarnation of the Doctor as we wait for Peter Capaldi to begin his reign inside the TARDIS.
- These gorgeous wood constellation coasters can be found in Pepper Sprouts' Etsy shop.
- Angry Birds has now invaded yet another game, this time finding their way onto an Uno card deck.
- This array of Doctor Who themed food was cleverly assembled for a fan viewing of the 50th anniversary special.
- One city in Illinois got creative with a utility station and painted it to look like a scene out of Super Mario Bros. They get a huge 1UP for this one!
Tonight's video pick is an adorable and hilarious video by Air New Zealand, reminding up all that Middle Earth is closer than we think.