In other BBC news, Radio Times reports that Steven Moffat and crew have Series 4 and 5 of Sherlock plotted out. That doesn't necessarily mean that the actors will be available to make those ideas come to life, but at least we have a glimmer of hope that the show will continue.
And, of course, along with the news comes the usual bit of geeky randomness. Enjoy!
From the top left:
- We Love Fine has added a line of sweeter and other geek chic items to their lineup.
- These amazing (and huge!) Dalek wedding cakes are life-sized!
- The complete Lego Star Wars Saga, once available only as a console game, is now available on the iTunes App Store for both the iPhone and iPad.
- Artist Vincent Vermeij has reimagined Andy Worhol's famous soup can paintings with Star Wars style.
- The Doctor Who TARDIS version of Jenga is brilliant!
- Check out how one enterprising geek turned a tiny closet into a TARDIS-themed workspace at Nerd Approved.
- Maguy Handmade (Etsy) has lots of adorable Minion gear for sale including the mittens pictured above. There are hats, scarves, and slippers, too!
- 221B Baker Street meets the TARDIS in this beautiful "Wholock" cake.
- And if one mashup isn't enough for you this week, The Mary Sue has an adorable post in which the Doctors get the Powerpuff Girls treatment.
In tonight's video pick, Nathan Fillions gets Vadered up for charity.