We've been traveling for the last two weeks, mostly without internet access, so when I emerged from my state of disconnected-ness and one of the first things I read was that a sequel (two, actually!) for Independence Day was in the works, I was ecstatic! I loooooved that movie when it first came out, and it's still standard 4th of July viewing around my house. Word is that Will Smith will not be returning, but that Bill Pullman (yay!) and Jeff Goldblum are on board. Adam Baldwin has also indicated he'd like to return, and my only response to that is where's the petition I need to sign to make sure that happens?!?!
The rest of this week's geekiness includes lots of sweets and a wedding idea or two, as well!
From the top left:
- Amy Atlas recently featured a super fun Star Wars birthday party on her blog.
- The badges on these Star Trek cupcakes were made in a mold cast by the baker herself! And underneath all that geekiness lies lots of almond + white chocolate goodness.
- These Star Wars ship wedding invites are part puzzle, part art, and all awesome.
- All kinds of geekiness including Jurassic Park and Star Wars collided in this fantastic wedding held at the Los Angeles Museum of Natural History.
- Every once in a while I catch a glimpse of geek on a mainstream, commercial papercrafting blog. Such was the case with this TARDIS card featured at Paper Crafts Connection.
- These beaker and test tube cookies made me think of Darren, so, yeah, they definitely had to make it into a roundup!
- You'll find Daleks, The Silence, and more in this roundup of Doctor Who inspired nail art at Fashionably Geek.
- I love the cute take on The Avengers in this themed party featured at Hostess with the Mostess.
- This periodic table cutting board needs to get in my kitchen right now!
One of these years I'm going to make it to a Star Wars weekend at Disney. Until then, I'll continue enjoying the annual Dance-Off videos on YouTube. :)