There's not much Christmas-y in this week's roundup, but as we approach the holiday, I'm sure that more seasonal ideas will trickle in!
From the top left:
- So often we're treated to photos of gorgeous cakes before they're cut into, but this post on Tie Fighters proves that people actually do eat them! There are also photos of this R2-D2 cake pre-slicing if you click through the link.
- It had to happen eventually- the Briggs-Meyers personality types have been correlated to Star Wars characters.
- Between the Pages always features the most amazing geeky cakes, and this Book of Monsters confection is no exception!
- You can pick up the patterns for this Lord of the Rings quiet book at JulieBell (Etsy).
- The Nailasaurus came up with this stunning Doctor Who themed nail art for the 50th anniversary special.
- Avanaut's Lego Star Wars photography is simply amazing! That link goes to the main Flickr account, but you can see a roundup of just the Lego photos here.
- Carry your stuff in style in this Star Wars X-Wing backpack.
- The amazingly detailed Death Star trench run effect in the photo above is actually a set of custom home theater tiles! You can read more about them at Tom Spina Designs.
- GenefyPlayground (Etsy) has an adorable selection of sci-fi and comic themed wedding cake toppers.
Five year old Lindalee is the Nerdist's youngest reporter, and in this week's video features she's interviewing Matt Smith and Jenna Coleman! J, this had better be Sophie in two years!!