We've also been treated to a slew of promotional images for The Time of the Doctor, including an awesome set of posters, and in Sherlock news, the air date (1.1.14) was announced in a most suitable fashion.
And in non-BBC news, Disney and Paramount have reached an agreement on the Indiana Jones properties. As long as any subsequent movies are not as bad as that fourth one, I can live with it.
Christmas has also finally hit the geeky blogosphere full force, and tonight's roundup is full of merry goodness!
From the top left:
- Darth Vader is one of Instagram's newest members, and, to show that even Sith Lords keep up with trends, his first post was a selfie.
- Learn how to make your own Death Star Christmas ornament with plans from Instructables.
- Australian Doctor Who fans are petitioning for a recently discovered planet to be named Gallifrey, in honor of the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who.
- This ornament-sized replica of Mal's pistol from Firefly was limited to a run of 100. How shiny would it have been to have one of these to hang on the tree?
- I admit that I haven't quite gotten into A Game of Thrones yet, but these house sigil snowflakes do look amazing!
- One of ThinkGeek's newest Christmas additions is a tactical Christmas stocking. Yeah, I kinda need one of these. :)
- Santa Claus meets Minion in this adorable Despicable Me cake.
- This edible replica of the Hogwarts Christmas feast from the Harry Potter franchise was made as part of a fundraiser for the UK branch of Make a Wish.
- Han Solo's blaster from The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi will be up for auction on December 21st and is expected to fetch about $300,000.
I have just one more video to share tonight- a tutorial showing how to dress up your nails, Star Wars Christmas sweater style.