From the top left:
- Her Universe peeked a preppy new TARDIS cardigan that'll be appearing on their site soon.
- The Making Of series of Star Wars books was re-released last week in enhanced eBook form.
- We Love Fine has released their new fall lineup of leggings and apparel, including this awesome TARDIS pair featuring a below-the-knee graphic for those of use who like to cover our rumps when wearing tight-fitting pants.
- A brochure outlining Disney's marketing plans for Star Wars leading up to the release of Episode VII leaked out onto the interwebs recently. There are quite a few interesting tidbits on the horizon for Star Wars fans, including an as-yet unexplained "Digital Library."
- Amazon has had some news on the eBook front this week, including the announcement of Matchbook- a service that will allow you (for a small fee) to download a digital copy of physical books that have been purchased from the online retailer. They've also announced the Kindle First program which will see the early release of four new books each month. All four books will be available to Kindle readers only for one month before their street dates, and readers can choose one book to purchase for $1.99 (Prime members get one book free).
- There have been some awesome post-Halloween geek pumpkin posts this week, and this illustration of the Enterprise chasing the Millennium Falcon is definitely one of my favorites!
- There's been a bit of a shakeup on the writing staff for Star Wars Episode VII. Michael Arndt has departed the team, and JJ Abrams will now be collaborating with Lawrence Kasdan on the sequel's screenplay.
- In even more eBook news, the FAA has finally ruled that personal electronic devices such as eReaders and cell phones are safe to use during almost all phases of flight, with the exception of the actual takeoff and landing roll. The changes will be rolled out incrementally across all airlines in the coming months, so soon electronic book readers should be able to read right through the safety announcements like their paper-reading counterparts.
- Bruce Campbell teased and all but confirmed Army of Darkness 2. I suppose he needs something to do now that my beloved Burn Notice has ended!
Tonight's video is a companion to the re-release of the Making of Star Wars books- a blooper reel from the filming of the original trilogy! There's no sound on the first few clips, but the audio picks up after that.