Catch-up days are a great time for me to play a favorite movie or three in the background as I'm working, and I'm thinking it's about time to break out the Star Wars trilogy again since it's been a few years since I last watched them. In honor of that, today's geeky roundup has lots of Star Wars picks with a dash of Doctor Who and a minion or two thrown in for good measure. Enjoy!
From the top left:
- I never tire of linking up batches of awesome Star Wars cookies, and these are of the Disney variety!
- The minions have the phone box on this awesome t-shirt. So don't blink...or something.
- Looking for a geeky wedding or party invitation designer? Bang Boom Pow designs has great designs and typography, fully customizable for your occasion.
- Rovio announced this week that Angry Birds Star Wars II (featuring prequel characters and episodes) is in the works and is due to be released on September 19. In other news, Wii and Wii U will be getting an Angry Birds game of their own in August. A bit late to the party, eh?
- Not enough Angry Birds for you yet? Then mark your calendar for September 17 when Random House is scheduled to release a National Geographic Angry Birds book. It's supposed to be all educational and stuff, yo.
- The new Star Wars Christmas ornaments for 2013 are now gracing the shelves (or at least the online store) of Hallmark.
- Her Universe launched new apparel items for San Diego Comic Con and has them available on the web site as well. The Mara Jade and Jaina Solo shirts will be of particular interest to Star Wars fans.
- Star Wars: Crucible hit bookshelves a couple of weeks ago (I still haven't bought it for my iPad yet!), and you can listen to an excerpt of the audio book here. There's also an excerpt for Timothy Zahn's Allegiance, chosen at Celebration VI as the fan pick for an audio book, here.
- There's Tennant-like hair, a flying TARDIS, and of course a bit of running in this Doctor Who themed engagement photo shoot.
Oh, and if you're looking forward to the release of Angry Birds Star Wars II, here's a peek at the trailer!