I have to admit that my week has not been made of awesome. Lots of long hours away from home and not enough time to sit and chill, which always makes me cranky and stressed out. Next week (and the weeks following) look to be more of the same, but I'm trying not to think about that right now and instead focusing on having a fun weekend before Monday hits and it all starts over again. I'll be heading to my niece's birthday party tomorrow, spending some crafty time in the scrap room, running (the only way I keep sane at times like this), and reading a Star Wars book while lounging in the back yard. Yeah, sounds like a good weekend. :)
It's really a good thing that I plan these posts a bit in advance, otherwise it probably wouldn't have happened tonight! But here's the usual round of crafty picks, all ready to inspire you this weekend.
From the top left:
- Sam Ho's decorative embroidery hoops featured on the Crate Paper blog are a gorgeous touch to her home decor!
- Melinda Spinks has started a new series on her blog, The Scrap Farm, sharing where she gets the inspiration for her unique layout touches.
- Learn to make your own modeling paste on the cheap with Gabrielle Pollacco's post at Webster's Pages.
- Get a peek into design team member Julie Bonner's space on the Fancy Pants blog.
- I love how Missy Whidden just lets go and creates a fun background without having a specific layout in mind in a guest post on Shimelle's blog.
- Sahlin Studio has a great post on ways to keep track of vacation memories.
- This list of 20 wedding backdrop ideas at Design Sponge is a great resource for any photo shoot or occasion.
- You'll find a tutorial for making this origami sphere at Sweet Paul.
- Layle Koncar shares how she's getting organized for Life Documented on the Simple Stories blog.