Before I jump into this week's roundup, we've been treated to previews of covers for two upcoming Star Wars books lately, and since they came out after I assembled the collage for this week's picks I thought I'd include the larger versions here in all their glory.
In the regular geeky roundup, you'll find lots of wedding inspiration whether you're a Whovian, a Star Wars fan, or somewhat nostalgic for original Nintendo games. So let's jump right in!
From the top left:
- Photographer Candice Benjamin captured this elegant Doctor Who themed wedding perfectly!
- Nerdalicious rounded up fourteen of the best cookbooks for geeks.
- I love how the couple behind this Super Mario themed wedding swapped in touches like succulents, cacti, and a cute Princess Peach-inspired dress for a look that's oh-so-adorable!
- Check out a roundup of some of the greatest geeky engagement rings at When Geeks Wed.
- Need a box to put that ring in? When Geeks Wed has you covered on that, too, with this TARDIS engagement ring box.
- Star Wars Weekends at Disney officially kicked of their 2013 summer run this week, and you can check out the Muppet crossover toys that are available at Nerd Approved.
- Green Wedding Shoes brings us yet another wedding that's inspired by a geeky franchise (Star Wars in this case) without going overboard with it. Love all the gold and glitter touches!
- Jen at Epbot rounded up some of her favorite artwork, including this rad Muppets/Ghostbusters mashup.
- Club Jade brings us a preview of what's to come later this year in the way of Star Wars Christmas ornaments from Hallmark.