From the top left:
- Her Universe is offering Valentine's quote t-shirts in Star Wars, Star Trek, and Doctor Who varieties.
- Dingbat Press is at it again with a great selection of Geeky Cards just perfect for Valentine's Day.
- PJ McQuade also has a new set of Valentine's Day cards in his Etsy shop, including Lando a Yoda Cupid!
- Oh, how I wish I could order this sketch of Darth Vader on a unicorn as a print!
- This article on Stellar Four about a new Star Wars Valentine's Day book from Scholastic takes me back to the days when I used to love poring over the book sales in the Weekly Reader!
- Nerd Approved rounds up a list of Valentine's Day gift ideas for geeks.
- Tosche Station reports that the manuscript for the upcoming Kenobi novel has been turned in. We can expect to see the finished product on shelves later this year.
- Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void cover art was recently released. (On the opposite side of the whole Jedi naming timeline, you can check out 44 pages of Last of the Jedi online now).
- A new book staring the Sith-who-shall-later-be-cut-in-half was announced. Darth Maul: Lockdown is scheduled for release in early 2014.
- There have been a rash of unusual and quirky petitions filed ever since the White House opened We The People last year. By far the geekiest request has been to build a Death Star, which the White House responded to with a negative and then promptly quadrupled the number of signatures needed for a petition to be taken into consideration. The Empire has, of course, rebutted.
- And, just in case you hadn't heard yet, after initially denying that he would consider directing the upcoming Star Wars sequels with Disney, JJ Abrams will be taking the job after all. All of the major news outlets are carrying their version of the story including EU Cantina, Big Shiny Robot, and Club Jade. There's also further speculation, commentary, and even some funny pics at Nerd Approved (also here), Club Jade (also here), and Tosche Station. And, of course, there are the expected lens flare jokes
And, since last Sunday's Super Bowl also brought us some great new trailers, I thought I'd link them up here before I go.