January got crazy busy (and fun!) for me toward the middle of the month with a surprise trip out to CHA, and you'll find coverage from the show still going on my blog all this week. I'm hoping to wrap that up by next weekend, so stay tuned for that! Today I'm also starting out the long drive home from a week-long work trip, but I do get to stop by IKEA along the way to pick up the first round of my new kitchen cabinets (yay!), so I won't complain. :)
The first of the month also means that it's time for some new layouts in the Two Peas Garden Girls gallery. This month we're focusing on Valentine's Day, and you can see my new layout here (along with some tips for incorporating new supplies with your older stash) and the fabulous layouts from all the girls here.
And it wouldn't be a Friday for me without some Friday Favorites, so let's dive into the picks I've selected this week!
From the top left:
- Stop by Cocoa Daisy to learn how to use your washi (oh, how I need ideas for using up some washi!) and small squares of patterned paper to make this easy mini album.
- Christine Newman shows how to use the Silhouette to create your own custom cut files for your existing stamps!
- Tracey Kuzniak shows how she created this lovely blended background- and there's a blue/green version on her post, as well!
- Silhouette proves that advent calendars aren't just for Christmas! Check out this lovely version that they've put together for Valentine's Day.
- Lisa Andrews shows off a gorgeous Valentine's Day banner at Scrapbook Circle.
- May Flaum and I split an Olive Project Life Core Kit while at CHA, and she's already put hers to work! May is not a Project Life scrapper and is instead using the journaling cards to bring continuity (and simplicity!) to a vacation album she's making. Such great stuff!
- Jennifer Wilson, founder of Simple Scrapper, talks about merging Project Life with Stacy Julian's Library of Memories concept.
- Jaime Warren talks about her scrapping style and process in a guest post at Shimelle.com
- I've long been a fan of Janna Werner's scrapbooking process, and her videos that put scrapping to music were a huge inspiration for my own. As a Garden Girl Janna now also talks your through her scrapping process- check out her first entry at Two Peas in a Bucket, and I look forward to more from her!