Wow, has it ever been a week here! I've been sick. Darren's been sick. I've been sick again (again is putting it mildly- I hadn't even gotten over the first round of whatever it was before the second wave attacked!). But I think that things are returning to normal...or whatever passes for normal around here. I was out of the gym for six days straight (that tells you how bad it was- ha!), but tonight I made it through an hour of weightlifting followed immediately by a 3 mile run, so I think I've finally put whatever it was behind me and can move on. Tomorrow I get to go look at some used IKEA bookcases that were listed locally on Craigslist (IKEA is 4.5 hours from my house, so used is easier as well as less expensive), which may mean some more tweaking in the scrap room and other areas of the house- we'll have to see!
On the scrappy front, so many companies announced mid-season releases this week! My Mind's Eye is coming out with three lines including the mega-collection Indie Chick that has among its embellishments decorative tape- a first for MME! Their other two new collections are Nostalgia (which has been available in digital form here for almost a year) and On the Sunny Side. Such a fun set of collections! Pink Paislee is also hinting at a mid-season release with a recent tweet, and Studio Calico is also gearing up to release a new collection in May (you can see a peek of it here).
Now, how about some fun crafty links to start the weekend?
From the top left:
- American Crafts recently posted a tutorial for these fun Mason jar party favors.
- I admit that my Cricut has been collecting dust ever since the Silhouette Cameo arrived, but this adorable stuffed raccoon on the Cricut blog made with the Create a Critter cartridge (which I just happen to own) might just convince me to pull it out again!
- There's no doubt that layering is a hot topic in scrapbooking right now, and PaperCrafter's Corner recently spent an entire week exploring the topic. Among those posts is this fabulous tutorial showing how a heavily layered layout was made from start to finish.
- Decor8 has some sweet ideas for painting eggs for Easter.
- And if Easter bunnies are more your style, check out this cute little origami rabbit at How About Orange.
- Elizabeth Kartchner guest posted last week on Ali Edwards' blog with a sweet mini album. The unique thing about this book? All the journaling was cut on the Silhouette- love it!
- This unique mini album's base was created with just a single 12x12 sheet of patterned paper. Learn how at PaperVine!
- Aren't these puffy paper hearts adorable? Learn to make your own at Crate Paper.
- There's no denying the ombre trend that's sweeping fashion, home decor, and even scrapbooking right now. Pugly Pixel shows how to add a similar effect to your photos in Photoshop.
Have a scrappy weekend!