So, you're probably thinking that I have a super big crafty weekend planned to celebrate, right? Unfortunately, no. :( I'll be spending a lot of my time over at our rental house that we're getting ready to sell (because renting is just too much of a headache for us to deal with any longer). So, yes, I'll be painting, just not on scrapbook pages.
The lack of crafty time won't stop me from enjoying the wealth of ideas that blogland has to offer, though, and I have some fun stuff to share with you today!
From left to right:
- This is the first of two entries from Studio Calico this week! Learn to make these super cute dimensional embellishments for your pages.
- Also at Studio Calico, Maggie Holmes shares some of her misting techniques. I have to say I'm a little jealous of her color mist collection!
- Stephanie Howell posted this gorgeous layout along with several others that she's made of the same design. If she hadn't pointed it out, I might never have noticed the similarities! It's a great way to start to learn to scraplift yourself.
- Get this pretty birthday subway art (available in both boys' and girls' colors) at Eighteen25.
- I totally ::heart:: that Echo Park releases their lines in both paper and digital format in a relatively close timeframe (and, as an aside, the digi offerings don't seem to have hurt the popularity of their paper products at all!). Their new releases from CHA, including For the Record (my favorite of the new lines) are now available for purchase.
- I may or may not have started squeaking incoherently when I spotted this postage stamp/die set in the new releases from Papertrey Ink. I may have finally found my stamping groove- using them to make embellishments for clusters. This set is just perfect for that, and I'm happy to say that one is already on its way to me!
- In a total crafty departure from scrapbooking, check out Design*Sponge for a tutorial on making Moroccan style lamps out of glass jars. Random? Maybe. Beautiful? Definitely!
- The Gilded Bee has teamed up with Pugly Pixel to release a fun set of free clip art featuring flowers and this fun ruffled crepe paper.
- I learned about a fun app called Label Box at Craftification. It lets you put cute label tapes over your photos right on your phone- great for adding captions!